The house is situated in Saktouria, a small traditional village of south Crete. The building area covers 107m≤ while the land surface area is 211m≤. The house was built around 1955 and has been partly renovated. It consists of a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. It preserves some old traditional elements such as an open fore place and the exterior stone oven. There are parts of the house that havenít been renovated yet. Saktouria is 20km from Spili, a bigger village known for the lion water fountains. Spili has supermarkets, tavernas, bank and shops with local products. Close to Saktouria is also the beach of Agios Pavlos which is famous for the clear water and the beautiful natural environment.